IronSocket Alternatives & Reviews
IronSocket is a Hong Kong-based VPN provider that started out as HideMyNet.com, which was subsequently rebranded and rebuilt to the robust VPN solution it's now. With servers in 38 countries, P2P support, along with a detailed solution wrapped in one neat client, IronSocket is a competent -- but not perfect -- contender.
1 Best IronSocket Alternatives for Android
Hotspot Shield is flexible internet security and privacy solution. Besides protecting you from dangerous online threats, in addition, it protects your privacy and lets you access any blocked sites and content.
Hotspot Shield produces a virtual private network (VPN) between your device and its Internet gateway. This impenetrable tube prevents snoopers hackers, and ISP's from spying on your web surfing activities, instant messages, downloads, credit card information or anything else you send over the network.
Hotspot Shield is a fast and user-friendly VPN that easily hides your IP address and unblocks US Netflix. It has a massive server network and custom VPN programs for many popular devices. While Hotspot Shield allows torrenting and P2P file-sharing, its logging coverage isn't great for complete privacy.
Pros of IronSocket
- 7-day refund (if you purchase via credit card or PayPal)
- P2P allowed (servers supporting P2P are marked)
- Great security features
- Affordable and Simple to Use
- Smart DNS, HTTP Proxy, SOCKS Proxy, and VPN are contained in most paid programs
- Unblocks BBC iPlayer
- Kill switch
- Accepts Bitcoin and gift cards
Cons of IronSocket
- No free trial
- No native mobile programs
- WebRTC leak
- Some session logs are stored for 72 hours
- Supplier may disclose your information to law enforcement (Hong Kong authority )
- Netflix US, HBO GO, Amazon Instant Video are no longer supported
- Torrent websites are censored