FileZilla Alternatives & Reviews
FileZilla is a free program, cross-platform FTP program, comprising FileZilla Client and FileZilla Server. Client binaries are available for Windows, Linux, and macOS, server binaries are available for Windows only. Both client and server support FTP and FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS), while the client can moreover connect to SFTP servers.... read more
14 Best FileZilla Alternatives
Ninite is a package management system offering that empowers users automatically install popular programs for their Windows operating system. It enables users to create a choice from a list of bundles and applications the opportunity to a single installer package. It's free for private use.
Cyberduck is an open-source customer for FTP and SFTP, WebDAV, and cloud storage, available for macOS and Windows licensed under the GPL. Cyberduck is written in Java and C# with the Cocoa user interface frame on macOS and Windows Forms on Windows. Cyberduck supports FTP/TLS, using AUTH TLS, as well as a directory synchronization. The user interacts with the user interface, including file transfer by drag and drops and notifications via Growl. Additionally, it can open some documents in external text editors.
Beyond Compare is a data comparison utility. Apart from comparing documents, the program is capable of performing side-by-side contrast of directories, FTP and SFTP directories, Dropbox directories, Amazon S3 directories, and archives. It's available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux operating systems. A strength of Beyond Compare is it can be configured as a diff tool and merge tool of version control systems, such as git.
Transmit is a file transfer client application for macOS. Produced by Panic, Transmit is shareware. Following a seven-day trial period, the item can only be used for seven-minute sessions before it's been purchased. Originally constructed as an FTP client, it currently supports a range of protocols which range from the more traditional ones such as SFTP and WebDAV to cloud solutions such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
FireFTP is a free, open-source, cross-platform FTP client for Mozilla Firefox in the shape of an add-on. It supports FTP, FTPS, and SFTP. FireFTP is charityware and runs on programs that Firefox supports. FireFTP's design is similar to that of WS FTP. It's not compatible with Firefox 57 (Quantum) and afterward, and the authors recommend using Waterfox rather than Firefox.
FTP Rush is the most effective and free FTP/FXP/SFTP/TFTP client software for Windows. ... The client supports secure transport, including SSH and TFTP and it's truly easy-to-use, Additionally FTP Rush takes into consideration all peculiarities of online file transfer and management by introducing... Supports FXP - Site-to-Site transfers.
SmartFTP is a system file transfer application for Microsoft Windows that supports file transfer via FTP, FTPS, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Box, Google Cloud Storage and Backblaze B2 protocols. It supports SSL/TLS, IPv6 and FXP, and includes a transfer queue, firewall and proxy support, multiple connections, chmod attributes and Drag-and-drop. The program uses the Windows API for its interface. It's available for both IA-32 and x64 editions of Windows.
Core FTP is a secure FTP client for Windows, developed by CoreFTP.com. Features include FTP, SSL/TLS, SFTP through SSH, and HTTP/HTTPS support. Secure FTP clients encrypt account data and information transferred throughout the world wide web, protecting information from being viewed or sniffed across networks. Core FTP is a conventional FTP client with local files displayed on the left, remote files on the right.
Titan FTP Server provides the most secure transfers from the business, occasions to thwart hackers, and smart passwords. With more than 20,000 servers installed worldwide, Titan is the SFTP Server you can trust. It's simple to install, simple to use, and it simply works. Every time. Titan is so reliable that it is recommended by Cisco to back up the full Unified Communications Suite.
WinSCP (Windows Secure Copy) is a free and accessible SFTP, FTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, and SCP client for Microsoft Windows. Its principal function is protected file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers basic file manager and document synchronization functionality. For secure transmissions, it uses Secure Shell (SSH) and supports the SCP protocol along with SFTP.
More About FileZilla
FileZilla is a free program, cross-platform FTP program, comprising FileZilla Client and FileZilla Server. Client binaries are available for Windows, Linux, and macOS, server binaries are available for Windows only. Both client and server support FTP and FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS), while the client can moreover connect to SFTP servers.
FileZilla’s source code is hosted on SourceForge and the job was featured as Project of the Month in November 2003. But, there have been criticisms that SourceForge packs malicious software with the program.
FileZilla was launched as a computer science class project in the second week of January 2001 by Tim Kosse and two classmates.
Before they began to write the code they discussed under which license they ought to release it. They chose to create FileZilla an open-source endeavor because many FTP clients were already available, and they did not feel they would sell one copy if they made FileZilla commercial.
Features of FileZilla
- Transfer files with FTP and encrypted FTP like FTPS (client and server ) and SFTP.
- Support IPv6 That Is the latest version of internet protocol
- Supports restart which means the file transfer process can be paused and continued
- Tabbed user interface for multitasking, allowing browsing more than 1 server or transfer files concurrently between multiple servers.
- Website Manager to Handle server lists and move queue for ordering file transfer jobs
- Bookmarks for easy access to most frequent use
- Drag and drop to upload and download.
- Directory contrast for assessing local files and server files in the same directory. After the file does not have the identical information (name not fit, or size not fit ) it will highlight that document in color.
- Configurable transfer rate limits to limit the speed shifting the documents, which helps reducing the error of moving
- Filename filters, users can filter just particular files that have the conditions they desire.
- Network configuration wizard, help to configure perplexing network configurations in form of incremental wizard
- Remote file editing, for fast edit file on server side on-the-fly. You don't have to download, edit on the computer and re-upload back to the server.
- Keep-alive, if the link has been idle for a long time it will check by sending keep-alive command.
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy service
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search to search file on the server remotely
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X
- Supports resume and transfer of big files >4GB
- Safe password storage protected using a master password
- Available in 47 languages globally